Thank God We Solved Racism…
This epitomizes why the politics of respectability is so pointless and a ridiculous way to solve racism.
O’Reiley himself claims that if black men dress right, stay in school, and etc that they will be treated with respect. And yet, he blatantly disrespects a Columbia Professor dressed in a suit by reducing him to a cocaine dealer. This is how white people work. They give conditions for you to be treated with humanity, but even when you meet those arbitrary conditions you’re still treated as less than human.
And black people need to become wiser to these tactics. Because then Don Lemon wouldn’t have made the silly statements he made.
Legendary Houston rapper and President of Def Jam South, Brad Jordan aka Scarface, recently did an interview saying Hip Hop will be white in 25 years. In the interview, Scarface talks about the Jews that run the music business and how he believes it’s a conspiracy to destroy black culture. He also makes a connection between the white takeover of Rock N Roll and how the same thing is happening to Hip Hop.
Space Traders Movie—— Aliens demand all Black people in America and in return untold wealth.
Omarosa on Bethenny; she discussed the differences in their experiences because of race, which alludes to White privilege, branding, and making it as a reality star—how it speaks to her intelligence. In the usual external individualism that fosters White supremacy, the media is reporting this as Omarosa calling Bethenny mediocre. *sigh* Once again, no introspection, no institutional/systems view. Only overt, external individualism. Watching this video, anyone can see it was not about picking on Bethenny but about the business of reality TV itself and White privilege. But anyone who ascribes to that rampant, virulent external individualism will think the former is what this about.
1) White privilege exists. No matter how much White women want gender and not race to be the focus, it exists. Sorry audience, you remain wrong.
2) Omarosa is tone policed because she is Black. Bethenny is just as intense and was despicable on her own reality show, and rewarded for that nonetheless. There is no reason why Queen Latifah and Bethenny should have a show in the same time slot Look at Queen’s resume. Now look at Bethenny’s.
3) It is a FACT, not an opinion, that White privilege creates a plethora of advantages. This is why people find nothing illogical in comparing Kim Kardashian (and don’t try to parse away her nationality from White privilege; study what it is instead) to Beyoncé. NO Black woman who was like Kim (who wouldn’t get to her fame or wealth based on what she has done anyway) would be compared to Beyoncé, who has built a career, works as hard as MJ did and has an exquisite track record of creation and accomplishment. Where White women’s sexuality is praised when built on the backs of Black women, Black women carry an albatross.
4) Whites in general, not just White women, are reward for mediocrity. They know it. We know it. The level of success required of Black people to even be considered “comparable” is ridiculous and oppressive. We know damn well the 2X as good for 1/2 as much is not a myth for us. And when Black people do achieve, the resentment is greater for that then when Black people actually fit any White supremacist stereotype about our abilities, though respectability politics is used to shame and oppress the latter. We see this when they have a criminal record and have an easier time getting employment than Black people without one, or when Black women with PhDs are paid like White men with associates degrees. We see it in media representation. We see it in basic stuff like book lists; literally any drivel a White woman writes is held up to our canonical stars like Toni Morrison, Alice Walker, Toni Cade Bambara and the like. We see it in feminism, where the qualification for White women seems to be a pulse while for Black women it’s mirroring bell hooks.
5) I don’t care if people do not like Omarosa’s tone, or appearance or her being a Black woman. It does not invalidate a single word she said. As far as her speaking of her brand, she has one. She plays on the same controlling image of the Sapphire that people use to oppress Black women, and cashes in on it. She makes money on the very same hatred that people hoist at her. If they’re gonna do it anyway, cash the fuck in baby! That’s her brand. People want to see her because it affirms their own anti-Black misogyny. Too bad they are too ignorant and tunnel-visioned to realize their ignorance is the platform she stands on over them all.
Instead of the usual and utterly boring analysis of “angry mean Black woman hurts delicate white flower White woman” actually try thinking about what happened and what frames this. I know the media sure won’t.
Welcome back to Shaming Racists: the Halloween Edition! Ladies and gentlemen, I present:
Caitlin Cimeno, also known as Kt Cimeno of Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts. Employed at Our Market Package Store
William Filene from Quincy, Massachusetts.
This is all public on facebook. All three pictures can be found on Caitlin Cimeno’s Instagram, @ktcimeno.
There’s no question that the three of them are racists, but Caitlin disgusted me by taking an unconsented picture of somebody else’s little girl, somebody else’s child, and using them as the target of racism for a facebook status. I’m including that too because how nasty do you have to be? As if the Halloween photos don’t answer that question.
Ugh. Happy fucking Halloween.
And when people say that the people who do stupid shit like this aren’t racist or don’t mean any harm, look at all the other shit she’s doing…and she’s taking pictures of little black children to shame them out of believing they have the right to self-confidence…
Fuck this really pisses me off. The little girl?? Really, bitch.